Thursday, October 29, 2015

One more bad one!

Well, tomorrow will be my last "really bad" chemo session. Yippee! I'm actually really excited about it. I'm going to feel awful pretty much all of next week, but it will be the LAST TIME I have to deal with those specific side effects. The next chemo sessions will be weekly for 12 weeks, and the drug that is used is typically tolerated much better. The most common side effects are numbness in the arms and legs, but not as much nausea. I've learned not to count too much on what people tell me and rather wait for my own experience to see what actually happens, but I am hopeful.

Tomorrow I will be accompanied by the beautiful and entertaining Angela Hall. I'm lucky to have Angela as a friend. She has four kids age four and under and still manages to make time to take me to and from chemo. God has truly given her a giving heart and for that I am thankful!

As October comes to a close, I would like everybody to know that I really hate all the pink ribbon junk that has been everywhere this month. I know people mean well by wearing pink, but really, what's the point? I don't think the color pink helps make people aware of breast cancer. If you want to really be aware I'm more than happy to show you my scars. Or why don't you feel where my port juts out from my skin. It will make you shudder (just ask my friend Marianne). Or maybe come by my house on a day where I can barely make it up and down the stairs and have to force myself to eat and even then food still tries to come back up. That will make you aware of breast cancer. And I hate it that people buy stupid pink trinkets to show their support for breast cancer research. How much of that money is actually being sent to a research organization? Maybe donate something directly to an organization that you've investigated to ensure that your funds are being used wisely. And don't worry about getting some stupid pink plastic thing in return.

I feel like I haven't written about my boobs lately, and I know everybody loves to hear about them. I continue to have my expanders filled, and they have reached a point where they are kind of fun to play with. If you push on my boob (which I figure is all the way up to an A cup by now) it bounces right back just like a firm water balloon. I've forced a lot of friends to feel my boobs in the last week, and I hope they don't think it is too strange. It's just that when you have a cool new toy you want everybody to experience it!

Okay, that's it from here! I'm ready to kick chemo's ass tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment