Thursday, April 7, 2016

Normal and Boring


Hello friends! Life keeps moving along and everything is quite normal. My hair is growing in really thick and is starting to get some waves. I sported a swimsuit for the first time since my surgery and was pretty impressed with the results. I go see the ophthalmologist on Monday, as well as the plastic surgeon. I’m hoping that the plastic surgeon will recommend fat transfers; I think one of my tamoxifen side effects is weight gain. Ugh! I’ve almost met my out-of-pocket max with insurance for the year, so what’s another surgery, really?

My church posted the article written about me, as well as the video, on their website. I am really pleased with how everything turned out. It is still a little overwhelming to think about how many people my story has reached. I do want to take a moment to recommend a book co-authored by one of the pastors at my church: Visual Theology: Seeing and Understanding the Truth About God.  I’ve started reading it and it is good. Like, easy to read and informative and full of great infographics and all the stuff that makes a book good. You can pre-order it on Amazon. Oh, you ask how I already have a copy? I went to the release party. Yep. I’m that cool.

I’ve been thinking quite a bit lately about when to end this blog. My life is pretty boring now. The cancer seems to be gone, I feel fine, and I’m back into my normal routine. Work, Farrell’s, church, spending time with Marah, sometimes seeing Troy, sleep, blah blah blah. So, I don’t know that I’ll post as much going forward as I have over the last several months. I don’t want to drag this out and then have this blog turn into something lame where I write about what I made for dinner. I’ve always believed in leaving the party while you’re still having fun. If anything big happens I’ll write a post, but otherwise I’ll be quiet. And maybe I’ll start a new blog someday and not even mention cancer at all. Who knows.

1 comment: