Saturday, August 22, 2015

A few random thoughts

Here are a few things people should know:
 
1. The next person who approaches me with a stupid look of pity on his or her face is going to get punched in the face. I'm not a violent person, but I have learned some amazing punches the last six weeks doing Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping and I am NOT afraid to use them. Don't look at me like I'm some sick lost puppy. I also have a great roundhouse that I would love to use.
 
2. The best thing a person has asked me so far is how I like to be supported. So many people just assume to know what a person with cancer wants. If you really want to support me don't be weird around me. Buy me treats. Bring me dinner. Send Channing Tatum to my hospital room to do a dance. Text me silly pictures. Make me laugh. Mow my yard. Pull weeds at my house. But whatever you do, you better not feel sorry for me (see number one above).

3. What else can you do to help? Ask Jen Owens. She rocks my socks off. Seriously. She is amazing. She is coordinating meals and is doing an event as well. So, if you want her to know that you want help, just leave a comment at the bottom with the best way to reach you.
 

4. Now it is time for me to plug Farrell's. I started FXB back in July with Jen Owens. We vowed to do the 10-week program together, and I am heartbroken that I won't be able to finish. For those of you who don't know, FXB is a combination of kickboxing and strength training. We meet six days a week; weekdays at 5:15am and Saturdays at 6am. The classes just about kill me. The nutrition part is tough. But it has been amazing. After five weeks my body fat percent dropped over 5%. I am seeing muscle definition for the first time ever. I'm pretty sure I am on my way to a six pack. My coaches, instructors, teammates, and the location ownership have been so supportive since I shared my diagnosis. I heart them a lot. So, if anybody wants an ass-kicking workout please check out FXB!

5. It is okay if you want to ask me questions. Just don't call me unless you're on the pre-approved list. You already know if you're on the list. If you're not on the list just text. Because I really don't like to talk on the phone. But I appreciate hearing from you. I just might not respond right away.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I'd love to bring a meal (becky.eaton12@gmail.com) send me the link to sign up! Love your blog, Katie - its so YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are a rock star! Knew it all along. Jen Owens I'd love to help in any way. I'm not local, but I can do a mean delivery meal - or anything else you might need. I'm good for a trip to DM if you need help organizing. 262.416.4567

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'd love to bring a meal over and help with any household things that need to be done. Please email me the info at momofaca@gmail.com. Thank you!!! Praying for you Katie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie--Great funny writing! Hey Jen--I would like to help out. Maybe drop off some food? My email is Jocelyn@picklecreek.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie,
    I love the blog - great idea.
    I'd love to help with meals, errands, anything you might need.
    My email is teri.stumbo@dmu.edu

    ReplyDelete