Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Just a bunch of nice stuff...

I've had some really nice things happen in the last 24 hours!

Amy Johnson Samo with Plethora Photography met Troy, Marah, and me at Easter Lake Park last night to do some photos. We have never done family photos before and I am so glad we had this experience. I'll admit that it probably isn't something I would have thought of on my own, but Jen Owens took care of everything. Because remember, she's amazing. Here are a couple of the pictures from last night. They turned out wonderfully!





Today was my last day at Farrell's, and students in all classes were encouraged to dress in pink to show support for me. It was almost overwhelming to see all the pink at class! I was also approached by the FXB head coach, and she presented me with a bracelet. The bracelet is from a woman in a different class, who doesn't know me at all, but she is a cancer survivor and wore the bracelet throughout her journey. I am so honored to wear it and appreciate this person's kindness!



I work with some really great people in the admissions office! They are the people I spend most of my time with and in many ways they know me better than anyone else. They know me so well that they presented me with a very generous Hy-Vee gift card and this:


Today is my last day at work for a while, and while I will miss being at DMU I am really going to focus on getting healthy. So, that means NO WORK for the next few weeks. I know that I am leaving my duties in very capable hands, though!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I can't wait to continue our friendship. You are hilarious! Thank you for writing this blog. It has already blessed me as I know it will bless many others as they read it. I love your perspective. And I'll do my best to avoid tempting you to go all "Ferrel" on me. ;) May God alone be glorified! PS Your pictures turned out beautiful! Such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Farrell"...my apologies. That typo alone earned me some kind of punch. ;)

    ReplyDelete