Sunday, August 23, 2015

Thanks, God, for the cancer

Today is Sunday, so that means you all get a dose of spiritual Katie! I am choosing to view this cancer journey as a blessing. God is allowing me to go through this journey and I plan to learn a lot along the way.

I really hate it when people say "God won't give you more than you can handle." That phrase just deserves a punch in the face. God WILL give me more than I can handle. But he won't give me more than I can handle with him. There will be tough days ahead, and I know that. There will be times when I will feel like crap and just want it to all stop. But with God in control I know that everything will be alright.




I am really fortunate to have a great church family. Troy and I started attending Willow Creek Baptist Church just over a year ago. So, we don't know a ton of people, but the small group we have is full of caring individuals who have been very supportive. If any of my local friends don't have a church home and want to check out Willow Creek with us sometime you're more than welcome to join us. I always learn a lot from the sermons, and today was no different. We're in a series on Hosea, learning about love. Today was about tough love, and God's disciplinary hand. Don't worry, God didn't give me cancer to strike me down because I am a horrible rebellious sinner. Okay, I obviously am a sinner, and sometimes horrible and rebellious, but God uses everything in our lives to teach us something. So, today I am saying "Thank you, God, for putting me in this situation to teach me." I've learned a lot already, and the lessons will certainly continue over the next many weeks and months.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you as you are on this journey. Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete